Friday, January 16, 2015

Make Your Software Installs More Professional

I was showing a friend of mine one of the latest programs I just created. He downloaded it and it installed perfectly. I asked him to uninstall it after we got done looking at it. He went straight to the Control Panel - Programs and Features and to my surprise my application was not listed.

I use Inno Setup (highly recommended) for all of my install files. It turns out that you need to include two directives inside the [Setup] section of the Inno Setup script in order for your program to be listed. I'd like to thank TLama from StackOverflow for his answer.

[Setup]
UninstallDisplayName={#MyAppName}
UninstallDisplayIcon={app}\{#MyAppExeName}

Adding unistall information with Inno Setup
TLama
Inno Setup

Enjoy!

Semper Fi
Gunny Mike
end.

No comments:

Post a Comment